Drug screening is very common today. People who join the military can expect to receive a drug screening at least once a year. Parents, suspecting their children are using illegal drugs, are replying on drug screening now to find out the truth. And, many employers today require that you take and pass a drug screening before being considered for employment.
If you are asking to take a drug screening, you should consider several things. If you are taking illegal drugs, you should stop as soon as you know you will be testing. Most drugs that drug screening tests for only stay in your system three days. But, several things may alter that including the amount of drugs taken, your metabolism, and whether you are a chronic user or a first time user.
You will find many ways to avoid a positive drug screening online, but many of them are not true and could even be unsafe. Never drink anything other than purified water to try to flush the toxins out of your system.
If you have not taken illegal drugs, there are things you will want to avoid to prevent you from returning a false positive drug screening:
- Poppy seeds and cold remedies that contain codeine may show up as morphine use
- Valium may show up as PCP,
- Things containing hemp like hemp-seed oil and hemp-seed candy could return a false positive for marijuana
- Anything containing ibuprofen could potentially return a false positive for marijuana.
- Over the counter cold and allergy pills as well as some diet pills such as Dexatrim may return a positive for amphetamines.
It is best to avoid any type of over the counter cold and flu medication such as Vicks Formula 44, Nyquil, Primatene, and Triaminic just to be safe.
Disclaimer: Cliff Schaffer does not personally endorse or support any of the comments made within the writings of this article.